INSTRUCTIONS: PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY AND CAREFULLY
The following information is detailed but we want to be able to keep track of your necklace and repair it to the best of our ability so you can wear your necklace again!
Mint & Birch234-5954 200 St.Langley, BC V3A 1N3CanadaIt is highly recommended to ship with tracking so that you can track when it arrives at our mailing box. Please note that we check our box once a week and it may have arrived but not be physically in our hands yet. We will send you an email when your necklace is repaired and ready to be sent back to you! Please note that this box is not my personal, private home address so this box is NOT checked everyday. It is checked every time we ship a batch of orders, once a week. Though I do my best to make it as timely as possible, this is the nature of buying from a small home-based business. Sometimes due to the timing, chain replacements are processed in a week, other times it takes as long as the maximum turnaround time that is indicated in our shipping/policies at check out. This is counted from the time I physically pick it up from the mailbox. Thank you for understanding!
- If your necklace is a bar, we need to have your necklace back to attach it to the new chain. The best way to send it is with the bar propped between slits on a small piece of cardboard. If the break is close to the bar, please use slits on the piece of cardboard to wrap the necklace around once to prevent the chain from being tangled wrap it around once and then secure it tightly. We recommend wrapping it once and securing enough so that the chain does not move around a lot and scratch the necklace or get tangled. Please do try to prevent your necklace from being tangled as it could cause scratches if it is rubbed against the chain in transport- precious metal is soft and scratches easily! You can wrap it in paper tissue, plastic wrap or a cellphone bag, or around a ziplock bag. It is the customer's responsibility to package their item in such a way to prevent loss of the necklace. We are unable to take responsibility for items that are lost on the way to us. Please over-package rather than under package. We have seen necklaces fall out of cracks in the envelope. If your necklace is a hanging pendant, please also send the necklace so that we can attach it to the new chain. The pendant WILL NOT be able to slip onto the chain. This is so that the pendant does not fall or slip off the chain and get lost once it is attached. If you don't send the pendant, we will simply send the chain back for you and you will have to attach the pendant to the chain. It is totally up to you which option you prefer, if you don't want to send the pendant back in the mail or not. However, if you don't send the pendant, we won't be able to attach it to the chain. Breakages from attaching it yourself to the chain may result in a new repair (that may incur a cost).
Please do not put the necklace/pendant/pieces into the mailing envelope by itself. Please wrap it up in something so that it doesn't get lost, fall out etc! Customer is responsible for shipping it securely!
♡♡♡A friendly reminder to please be respectful of hygiene and ensure that it is free from, perfume, scents, chemicals, excess sweat or grime before sending it. We will not be able to repair it to the best of our ability if it is not clean. If it comes back with fragrance on it I will be sneezing every 3 seconds ;) Thank you so much for understanding! ♡♡♡
- Send it back to the address below. (If you are within Canada, you can disregard the rest of the information and simply mail it back to the address below. Please use USPS or Canada Post. Please do not use couriers such as FedEx, DHL, or UPS as they place C.O.D. and brokerage charges. Your package will be returned to sender if you use private couriers or couriers such as FedEx, UPS or DHL. Please only use USPS or Canada Post. For international requests, please contact us.
Do not drop it off. It must be mailed as this is a postal box for mailing. If you attempt to drop it off, it may not be delivered.
Please make sure you leave a note inside the package with your full name on it so that I know who’s necklace it is.
If you are outside of Canada, please read the following instructions on how to send your necklace!
- Please take it to your local post office. Please use USPS or Canada Post. Please do not use couriers such as FedEx, DHL, or UPS as they place C.O.D. and brokerage charges. Your package will be returned to sender if you use private couriers or couriers such as FedEx, UPS or DHL. Please only use USPS or Canada Post. For international requests, please contact us.
- On the customs form, it must state “Canadian goods returning for warranty or repair.”PLEASE INCLUDE THE APPLICABLE TARRIF CODE TO INDICATE AND CATEGORIZE IT AS A RETURN. PLEASE make sure the postal office clerk electronically enters this information into the system. Please ensure that you mark it correctly. If it looks like it is something we purchased from you, we will be charged incorrectly for duties and taxes in which case we will not be able to accept the package and may mark it as "return to sender." USPS is to enter the information in, with the correct tariff number electronically, so that when customs receives it they know the exception code.
- Samples of the handwritten form for customs is below. Please also ensure that this information is entered correctly with the post office clerk. (Please double check and confirm that they have entered the tariff number as well as that it is Canadian goods returning for warranty or repair, and not under the jewelry category).
- Please ensure that no where on the package does it simply say only “necklace.” It is very important to note that it is Canadian goods returning for warranty or repair.
- Please include a copy of the receipt of the repair on the outside of the package. You can use a plastic sleeve such as a ziplock bag or one the post office provides to include this. Please ensure that the return address on your package matches the addresses on the receipts. This is so I can match your necklace with your repair. If it is sent under a different name or address, I won’t be able to know who’s necklace it is and will not be able to confirm receipt of the necklace to fix or adjust.
By requesting a chain repair, you fully recognize that we may not accept the package in the case that anything is filled out incorrectly and we are incorrectly charged duties. You fully accept that the post office may accidentally flag it for duties or customs, in which case we will not be able to accept it and it will be sent back. To avoid this, please ensure you follow all of our instructions, including a proper tariff code.
SAMPLES OF CUSTOMS FORMS BELOW- PLEASE FILL ALL THE INFORMATION OUT ACCURATELY. PLEASE INCLUDE THE APPLICABLE TARRIF CODE TO INDICATE AND CATEGORIZE IT AS A RETURN. Must specify the tariff code as well as "CANADIAN GOODS RETURNING FOR WARRANTY REPAIR." This information cannot simply be written on the envelope. IT MUST BE SPECIFIED under the space that asks for the content of the package, as well as electronically entered by the postal clerk.